You know what? I am doing so much stuff wrong! So often, I have noticed, there are articles popping out at me from the internet telling me I am doing something wrong – or 10 things or 100. I was curious, so I typed into the MSN search: “things you are doing wrong” – here are the suggestions that popped up: “Things you are doing wrong everyday…in the kitchen…with your hair…on your android…and you don’t know it. 10 things you are doing wrong. 100 things you are doing wrong.”
Then I typed: “Things you are doing right” – Guess what came up as suggestions? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. When I hit the search button anyway, a few things came up about doing things right, but mostly it was “How to do things right” or, in other words, what you are doing wrong.
Really? Is this what we need? To be told a we are doing at least 10 things wrong in every aspect of our lives? “10 things you are doing wrong before you even get out of bed” – OK, I just made that up, but I bet it’s out there.
So, here’s 5 things you are doing right, and you didn’t even know it
- Your presence made someone happy. Whether it is online or in person, something you did touched someone’s life – and you don’t even know it. Truth.
- You created something new. Think about it – whether it was a physical thing (dinner, a blog post, a craft, a letter, a smile) or a feeling (gratitude, happiness, laughter) YOU created something new. Wow.
- You did what was needed even when it was hard. You did – if you can’t remember when, ask someone who knows you. They’ll remember.
- You were there for someone when no one else was. Yes, you were. Don’t deny it.
- You got out of bed (or got your day started by reading my blog in bed, either way)! Seriously, sometimes that is hard work. And you did it! I don’t even care which side you got off on!
So, there we have it. Five things you are doing right and you didn’t even know it. There are more, and I challenge you to think of them – maybe even write them down if you have a moment. Because you are doing 100s of things right, and you may not even know it.